What To Expect
Cost of Treatment
Cost of treatment depends on what kind of insurance cover you have.
- Worksafe and TAC: If you have an accepted TAC or Worksafe claim you can access Sandhurst Hand Therapy services. A medical referral is required. Invoices not covered by the insurer will need to be covered by the client
- DVA: Depending on the type of DVA cover you have you may be eligible for applicances, equipment and treatment to be covered by DVA
- Medicare: Patients with chronic medical and complex care needs are eligible for a medicare rebate for 5 allied health (including Occupational Therapy) visits per year. An out of pocket gap will still apply as well as costs for splints or equipment. These out of pocket expenses may contribute toward your extended medicare safety net. A "GP Management Plan" completed by your doctor is required
- Private Health Insurance: If you have private health insurance Extras Insurance, the amount covered will depend on the type and level of cover you have. You will require “Extras” cover that includes Occupational Therapy. Some Insurers have limits and annual caps on "Extras" items.
- Self Funded: If you are not covered by insurance or you do not have a valid claim number then you will be required to cover the cost of the treatment on the day of the appointment. Credit card facilities are available.
What Should I Bring?
DVA, Medicare, Worksafe and TAC clients will be required to bring an appropriate medical referral. Information relating to your claim, including a valid claim number and Claims Manager information, is also required.
Private and Self insured patients are not required to have medical referrals.
Please bring any relevant X-rays scans or medical reports.